Dial-Roberson Stadium

Dial-Roberson Stadium

GPS Address: 3768 Klinger Rd, Ada, Ohio

Dial-Roberson Stadium has been the home of the Polar Bears since the fall of 2004.

The stadium is named after Jim Dial (ONU ’57) and his wife, Nidrah (ONU ’58), and Arden “Stretch” Roberson (ONU ’49). Roberson was the head football coach at Ohio Northern from 1960-1969 and also quarterbacked the Polar Bears from 1946-1948.

After 57 seasons playing off-campus at Ada War Memorial Stadium, Ohio Northern opened Dial-Roberson in fine fashion on Sept. 4, 2004, defeating Westminster (Pa.) 31-0.

The stadium was dedicated three weeks later on Sept. 25 when ONU defeated Ohio Athletic Conference rival Muskingum 31-11. Ohio State head football coach and longtime friend of the Roberson family, Jim Tressel, was on hand for the stadium dedication.

The $6 million, 20,000-square foot facility houses two large locker rooms, a weight room, a training room and offices for the football coaching staff.

It has a seating capacity of 3,500 with lawn seating on a grassy bank for more than 1,000 more.

An Astro-Turf field was added to the stadium and dedicated as Bill Robinson Field on Oct. 4, 2013.

The main concourse, including the restrooms and concession stand, is heated and air-conditioned to aid in the comfort of the fans.

The stadium is located on the west end of campus adjacent to the ONU Outdoor Track & Field Complex.

The Stadium also provides locker facilities and a concession stand for the ONU track and field teams, as well as facilities for ONU’s softball, baseball and soccer fields.

Dial-Roberson Stadium is an outstanding compliment to the rest of Ohio Northern’s superb athletic facilities, giving the Polar Bears one of the Midwest’s most complete athletic facilities.